cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NatC
Frequent Visitor

.eml to .mhtml? Automated Flow from Teams to OneNote

Hi there!

I hope someone point me in the right direction. I’ve been trying for weeks to make an Automated  flow: the trigger is “When a new channel message is added” on Teams, to action “Create a page in a specific section” in OneNote. The problem is that the messages contain embedded images (literally copy pasted from an email) so there seem to be no way to get them through. 

So far, the only work around I’ve found is to manually share the messages to outlook (it keeps the format perfectly) and that trigger a flow that transforms that email into an .eml file on OneDrive, and I can even store it on Sharepoint as a .pdf successfully, but a .pdf is not what I need and not good for OneNote. 
Is there any way I can transform it from .eml to .mhtml so I can display them on OneNote? 
I’d appreciate any help so much 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NatC,

You could following these steps to approach that:

Screenshot 2021-03-22 140244.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NatC,

You could following these steps to approach that:

Screenshot 2021-03-22 140244.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

NatC
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft  

Thank you so much for your reply. I tried these steps, but I get a bunch letters, links and the text, but zero images. I'm attaching an example: 

NatC_1-1616420729332.png

I hope you can help me! 🙂 

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NatC,

Could you please share screenshot of your Flow? and the mhtml file should open via a browser.

The screenshot you shows seems that the eml file content.

Best Regards,

NatC
Frequent Visitor

NatC_0-1616613175905.png

NatC_1-1616613213459.png

Hey @v-litu-msft  thank you so much for getting back to me 🙂 I just checked and you are right, the file even though it shows as a .mhtml on OneDrive, once I open it on my browser it shows as .eml I really don't know what I'm doing wrong here, thanks in advance for any help!

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NatC,

Is your file extension capitalized? Such as they are end with ".EML".

Best Regards,

NatC
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft 

Actually no, they are not capitalized. Is that good? Thank you for still trying to help me!

NatC
Frequent Visitor

I was checking the structure code and it says 

"IsFolder"false,
is this normal? Thanks in advance again!

NatC_0-1616671120803.png

Additionally, I see this :

NatC_0-1616671488486.pngNatC_1-1616671511394.png

Even thought the Run shows "Your flow ran successfully." I really don't understand why, if clearly it's not? 

v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NatC,

If the item is a file, the isFolder property is false and it is normal.

If the condition expression result is false, it means the file extension has not met the condition, file extension does not end with .eml.

Best Regards,

NatC
Frequent Visitor

it does end with .eml and I can open those, but thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (30,248)