cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

encodeUricomponent returns non-specific error. Stumped.

Hi,

I'm trying use HTTP request POST method to send HTML code to an API. The API requires the "x-www-form-urlencoded" body type. I'm able to adjust the headers and format the request body properly, except Flow refuses to url encode my html.

I get the following error message:

error.PNG

This is what my HTTP request looks like.

http.PNG

The 'Get_attachment_content_2' returns HTML.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is this just a bug?

When I paste my HTML into a webform url-encoder, there aren't any errors. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I tried that but the content was not being Url encoded automatically. The HTTP action seems only designed to handle application/json content type requests.

My solution was to make my own url-encoding function:

replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(body('Get_attachment_content_2'),'%','%25'),'&nbsp;','%a0'),'!','%21'),'#','%23'),'&','%26'),'''','%27'),'(','%28'),')','%29'),'*','%2A'),'+','%2b'),',','%2c'),'/','%2f'),':','%3a'),';','%3b'),'=','%3d'),'?','%3F'),'@','%40'),'[','%5B'),']','%5d'),'$','%24'),' ','+'),'"','%22'),'-','%2d'),'.','%2e'),'<','%3c'),'>','%3e'),'\','%5e'),'_','%5f'),'`','%60'),'{','%7b'),'}','%7d'),'|','%7c'),'~','%7e')

So I managed to make it work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you take a try to don't use the expression encodeUriComponent and just use the expression 

body('Get_attachment_content_2')  ?

Best regards,

Alice

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I tried that but the content was not being Url encoded automatically. The HTTP action seems only designed to handle application/json content type requests.

My solution was to make my own url-encoding function:

replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(replace(body('Get_attachment_content_2'),'%','%25'),'&nbsp;','%a0'),'!','%21'),'#','%23'),'&','%26'),'''','%27'),'(','%28'),')','%29'),'*','%2A'),'+','%2b'),',','%2c'),'/','%2f'),':','%3a'),';','%3b'),'=','%3d'),'?','%3F'),'@','%40'),'[','%5B'),']','%5d'),'$','%24'),' ','+'),'"','%22'),'-','%2d'),'.','%2e'),'<','%3c'),'>','%3e'),'\','%5e'),'_','%5f'),'`','%60'),'{','%7b'),'}','%7d'),'|','%7c'),'~','%7e')

So I managed to make it work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,436)