cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

equals if type function on subject of an email

I want to run an =if type function based on the subject so that the new line updates the correct column i.e. server x failed or succeeded or if server y failed or succeeded. Anything helps thank you!

Flow.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Sorry but I don't quite understand what you need. Could you please explain further so that I can try to help you?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get notifications from a monitoring service about several servers and the subject line is Server X is failed (or succeeded). I want to have a spreadsheet update every-time I get a notification and have it update the corresponding column. Server A failed so its updates the server A column or server B failed so it updates the server B column    I currently have a flow that sends flagged emails to a teams channel and I update the spreadsheet manually currently

Grayden
Frequent Visitor

If I understand correctly you'll want to use a conditional branch (Subject is equal to ___ if  the subject lines are constant or Subject Contains ____ If they can be slightly different) that determines what gets updated. Otherwise use expressions =IF(CONTAINS([Subject],'server x')...) or =IF(EQUALS([Subject],'server x')...).

Hope that helps 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I was not aware that you could nest triggers like that, is the language the same as excel? if so I will need to use a wildcard statement =IF(CONTAINS([Subject],'*server x*'))

I have it both ways, hopefully it will be a few days before the flow is tested

The language is close to excel but not quite. Using the Contains function is the equivalent of equals with wildcards in excel. Where a similar excel statement would use operators and wildcards =If([Obj1]="*[Obj2]*",...)  M simplifies to If(Contains([Obj1],[Obj2]),...)I ran into the same thing when getting started in the PowerApps platform for being much more familiar with excel. I find the expression builder very helpful, as it will lay out suggested syntax as you call the function:

Annotation 2019-12-20 084423.png

Annotation 2019-12-20 084422.png

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you had an opportunity to apply @Grayden 's recommendations to adapt your Flow?

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It did not work for me. Unfortunately I will have to abandon this project temporarily thank you for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,485)