cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

error Action Add user to group failed

Hello Guys 

I'm building a flow aiming to automatically allocate Microsoft licenses using (Group-based licensing) method by triggering the flow with a response from a form submission.

after the approval of the request for the license , I receive an error in adding the user to group knowing that I'm a global administrator in AAD .

Capture 1.PNGCapture 2.PNGCapture 3.PNGCapture 4.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: error Action Add user to group failed

The error body : Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sbenchamkha,

Please have a try to get User Id according to the Get user action of Azure AD, just like below:

Annotation 2019-09-25 132433.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sbenchamkha,

Based on the description and error message, you were using Azure Graph client to add members to group which created on-premises. This is expected, it is not able to update these objects which synced from on-premises to Azure AD.

To add members for this kind group, we need to operate it in the on-premises environment and then sync it to Azure.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

Hello again thank you for your response but could you please explain further how it must be done and how the AD connectors hierarchy would be like  knowing that i added Get user ID instead ?

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,622)