cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paultruland
Frequent Visitor

error moving a file - saying path too long but it's not

I'm using a for each loop and when a condition is met, moving the existing file.  I'm getting an error that the path of the "current item" is too long, however the path is only 130 characters.  I tried to use compose for the current item, then get the file properties so I can use the identifier, but then I get this error:

The parameter with value '"@outputs('Compose_2')"' in path 'id' with type/format 'Object' is not convertible to type/format 'Integer/int64'.'.

6 REPLIES 6
abm
Super User
Super User

Hi @paultruland 

Could you post a  screenshot of you compose output run history and the error?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog
Power Automate Video Tutorials
paultruland
Frequent Visitor

1. So the whole point is to manually move a document to effective, but firs to make sure there isn't a currently effective document with the same document number.  That's the do until is doing; it's looping through currently effective docs, and if it finds one where the document number matches, it sets a value to stop the "do until," then tries to move that existing document with the same doc number.  for that action, the output I'm using is "current item" from the for each loop:

paultruland_0-1613486250518.png

Looks like my output didn't attach earlier, here it is.  I've scrubbed my client's name and replaced with the word CLIENT, but that's only a one character difference:

{"statusCode":400,"headers":{"Vary":"Origin","X-SharePointHealthScore":"1","X-MS-SPConnector":"1","X-SP-SERVERSTATE":"ReadOnly=0","DATASERVICEVERSION":"3.0","SPClientServiceRequestDuration":"134","SPRequestGuid":"9430386e-c067-4f46-bd48-338f4403d1f6","request-id":"9430386e-c067-4f46-bd48-338f4403d1f6","MS-CV":"bjgwlGfARk+9SDOPRAPR9g.0","Strict-Transport-Security":"max-age=31536000","X-FRAME-OPTIONS":"SAMEORIGIN","Content-Security-Policy":"frame-ancestors 'self' teams.microsoft.com *.teams.microsoft.com *.skype.com *.teams.microsoft.us local.teams.office.com *.powerapps.com *.yammer.com *.officeapps.live.com *.stream.azure-test.net *.microsoftstream.com;","MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices":"16.0.0.21003","X-Content-Type-Options":"nosniff","X-MS-InvokeApp":"1; RequireReadOnly","Timing-Allow-Origin":"*","x-ms-apihub-cached-response":"true","Cache-Control":"max-age=0, private","Date":"Mon, 15 Feb 2021 21:49:11 GMT","P3P":"CP=\"ALL IND DSP COR ADM CONo CUR CUSo IVAo IVDo PSA PSD TAI TELo OUR SAMo CNT COM INT NAV ONL PHY PRE PUR UNI\"","X-AspNet-Version":"4.0.30319","X-Powered-By":"ASP.NET","Content-Length":"6382","Content-Type":"application/json","Expires":"Sun, 31 Jan 2021 21:49:11 GMT","Last-Modified":"Mon, 15 Feb 2021 21:49:11 GMT"},"body":{"status":400,"message":"Failed to verify the existence of source object at 'https://CLIENT.sharepoint.com/sites/QualityDocumentRepository/documents/{\"@odata.etag\":\"/\"3/\"\"... Manager\",\"Email\":\"it@CLIENTtx.com\",\"Picture\":\"https://CLIENTtx.sharepoint.com/sites/QualityDocumentRepository/documents/_layouts/15/UserPhoto.aspx... Manager\",\"Email\":\"it@CLIENTtx.com\",\"Picture\":\"https://CLIENTtx.sharepoint.com/sites/QualityDocumentRepository/documents/_layouts/15/UserPhoto.aspx... Documents/Effective/Test Document 3.docx\",\"{IsFolder}\":false,\"{Thumbnail}\":{\"Large\":\"https://eastus1-mediap.svc.ms/transform/thumbnail?provider=spo&inputFormat=docx&cs=fFNQTw&docid=http... Documents/Effective/Test Document 3.docx?d=wc085e8f476e34dfdb8c5d9683c3a3963\",\"{Name}\":\"Test Document 3\",\"{FilenameWithExtension}\":\"Test Document 3.docx\",\"{Path}\":\"Governance Documents/Effective/\",\"{FullPath}\":\"Governance Documents/Effective/Test Document 3.docx\",\"{IsCheckedOut}\":false,\"{VersionNumber}\":\"3.0\"}' due to error 'The specified file or folder name is too long. The URL path for all files and folders must be 400 characters or less (and no more than 400 characters for any single file or folder name in the URL). Please type a shorter file or folder name.'.\r\nclientRequestId: 9430386e-c067-4f46-bd48-338f4403d1f6\r\nserviceRequestId: 9430386e-c067-4f46-bd48-338f4403d1f6"}}

paultruland
Frequent Visitor

Output above, let me know if it would be useful to see the input.

paultruland
Frequent Visitor

bump...anyone able to help out here?  To reiterate, the point is to manually trigger a flow to move a document to effective, but first to make sure there isn't a currently effective document with the same document number (NOT SharePoint ID, but a column named Document Number).  That's what the do until is doing; it's looping through currently effective docs, and if it finds one where the document number matches, it sets a value to stop the, "do until," then tries to move that existing document with that same doc number from effective to archive.  That's the piece that's failing, moving the currently effective doc to archive. 

WendyLumsden
Advocate I
Advocate I

HI @paultruland ,

Did you ever resolve the issue.  I am having the exact same error message when copying a file from one site's library to another site's library.  I can't seem to find any solutions and have tweeked a number of parameters to try and resolve, including getting content which only resulted in the same error message you received.
@abm  any thoughts or suggestions?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,579)