cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

error when moving files from one location to another

I have created the following flow where by if a file is uploaded into various folders within a document library 'A' then it is to be moved into the same library in document library B

However I keep receiving the following error, can anyone please help?

Missing or mismatched field definition on the destination list for source field 'Owner' type 'Invalid'. Source site template id 'TeamCollaborationSite', target site template id 'TeamCollaborationSite'. Total blocked root objects in this operation is [1].Shirley flow.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: error when moving files from one location to another

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

I've had a look at this and created a new flow but it still does not work 🙂

any ideas?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MoEdu,

The error will happen is caused by the destination list lack of field 'Owner', if you want to use Move file action to move a file from a list to others list, these fields need to match. So you could create an "Owner" field on the destination list and try it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-litu-msft is this in reference to the column headings on the destination library?

if so i have looked at the source library list and there is no 'owner' field present so I am trying to understand why the owner field is required on the destination library list?

source headings library list

source headings.PNG

destination headings library list

destination headings.PNG

Would appreciate your thoughts

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

@v-litu-msft  I've also looked at the metadata and the owner field is present in both document libraries.

I've tried the copy file function as a workaround this copies over the file to the new location but when i add the next step to delete the file from the source location this fails. The error i receive is "The label that's applied to this item prevents it from being edited or deleted. 

I suspect this is due to the retention label that is applied at the source document library.

I'm surprised this is proving so difficult to work for such a basic flow, would appreciate your thoughts and if you have any other solution to address this

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

The issue is already described here: LINK

Try a copy instead of move and then a delete of the original file if required. If there retention label is an issue, you can change the label with the SetComplianceTag in the SP REST API: LINK

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

The solution refers to copying the file rather than moving the file. I require the file to be moved from one library folder to another library folder

As a workaround as mentioned above i tried the copy function, this copies over the file to the new location but when i add the next step to delete the file from the source location this fails. The error i receive is "The label that's applied to this item prevents it from being edited or deleted. 

The retention label does not need to be changed, it can remain as it is but i get the above error. I'm wondering although not ideal if there was no retention label applied would the file then delete?

I would appreciate if anyone has any other alternative solutions to this or a complete walk through they can share?

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,343)