cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenPlant
Helper I
Helper I

excel cell value (3 options) send email based on condition

I have an MS Form feeding an excel sheet.  I have one column called "Theatre" where the region choices in the form are Americas, APAC or EMEA.

I added a column in the excel called "Flow Triggered" where the choice is Yes or No to avoid a loop scenario.

The aim:

1. If cell = Americas, send email to person A and change Flow Triggered cell to Yes.
  2. If cell = APAC, send email to person B and change Flow Triggered cell to Yes.
  3. If cell = EMEA, send email to person C and change Flow Triggered cell to Yes.

DarrenPlant_0-1600176042548.png

Added a delay before calling a "list rows in a table" action.

Then added a "Apply to each" control

DarrenPlant_1-1600176264257.png

The "Update a row" above in the "If Yes" based on condition should change the row cell to "Yes" for the column "Flow Triggered".

Issues: The update a row works, but it did not deliver the flow adaptive cards........

Can someone please advise my logic so I can avoid any loops and so it works properly!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarrenPlant,

I read your Flow logic, and it won't have a loop. To make it work more perfect and make Flow more graceful, you could consider using the Switch control instead of three condition action to determine the "Theatre", for example:

Screenshot 2020-09-16 142833.jpg

It will go to the corresponding branch according to the Theatre value.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DarrenPlant,

I read your Flow logic, and it won't have a loop. To make it work more perfect and make Flow more graceful, you could consider using the Switch control instead of three condition action to determine the "Theatre", for example:

Screenshot 2020-09-16 142833.jpg

It will go to the corresponding branch according to the Theatre value.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thankyou @v-litu-msft this helped me 😎

DarrenPlant_0-1600328402802.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,583)