cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edward_Belmar
Regular Visitor

excel / sharepoint update without empty rows

hi, I hope you can help me, I am new to this, I have a flow that gets elements from an excel table and updates in sharepoint every two hours,
my problem is that everything works fine until there is an empty row in excel.

the flow does the following

-get the table from excel. t
the key is compared to the shrepoint.
if it exists it updates it, if it does not create it.

I have the problem that it also creates empty rows.

How can I prevent this from happening.

NOTE: my English is not very good

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Edward_Belmar,

This example could do in SharePoint to delete empty row cause each item at least has one unique ID.

If the empty row has no column value in each column, you could consider using this method:

1. Add List rows present in a table action to get all rows in an Excel table;

2. Use Filter array action to filter out rows that have value.

3. Delete all rows in original Excel table by using Apply to each action + Delete a row action;

4. Add these rows get from step 2 into the Excel table by using Apply to each action + Add a row action.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Edward_Belmar,

You could refer to this post to learn how to remove empty rows from the Excel table:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Create-a-table-in-Excel-for-only-rows-tha... 

PS: the Get rows action in the post has been renamed, it is called List rows present in a table now. 

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the help, but it does not work as you indicate and this may be due to the ROW ID, which I do not have. Is it possible to do the same example with SharePoint? I will try and tell you

Hi @Edward_Belmar,

This example could do in SharePoint to delete empty row cause each item at least has one unique ID.

If the empty row has no column value in each column, you could consider using this method:

1. Add List rows present in a table action to get all rows in an Excel table;

2. Use Filter array action to filter out rows that have value.

3. Delete all rows in original Excel table by using Apply to each action + Delete a row action;

4. Add these rows get from step 2 into the Excel table by using Apply to each action + Add a row action.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Thank you very much, indeed it was better to delete them from Sharepoint, the process is faster. Thank you for the help.

Muchas Gracias por la ayuda.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,282)