cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silcava
Frequent Visitor

excel to sharepoint list time and datetime

Hello i have little problem.

my flow send excel table rows to sharepoint list but  my datetime and time coming unknow format like 

Time spent 0.00217592592592593

Date with time 44017.6915740741

what i must to ? some formula to sharepoint calculator ? or all must do in flow ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Silcava ,

@leyburn19 's solution would work with date that don't contains time in the excel table, for the date contains time in excel table, it would be difficult and the link below could be your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Excel-dates-turned-into-integers/td-p/130364/page...

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

This is a known issue with excel importing into Lists.  They way I do it is I modify the date in a few steps.

1. Action = Compose - Put the date you want into this step

2. Action = Compose - Use the expression  addDays('1900-01-01',int(outputs('Compose')))    - sometimes this needs to  addDays('1899-12-30',int(outputs('Compose'))) as the actual date may be two days out

3. Put the result of step two into your date field

You need to do this for every date field in the list

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Silcava ,

@leyburn19 's solution would work with date that don't contains time in the excel table, for the date contains time in excel table, it would be difficult and the link below could be your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Excel-dates-turned-into-integers/td-p/130364/page...

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,874)