cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveDL
Regular Visitor

far too many decimal places in calculated list data (noobie- be warned)

Hi ALL

I've just started with forms SharePoint and power automate, and I've been having a stab at converting some of our daily reports to SharePoint forms and using power automate to generate an email.

so far i have a form that takes the infomation and pushes it into a list via another flow that works fine.

in that list, I've some calculated columns to work out percentages.

again so far so good.

when i use another flow that creates an email and drops these values into a HTML grid i get the info sent fine but for one problem.

DaveDL_0-1649769551748.png

the first 2 columns should be currency so should be £0.00 etc, and the last column is a percentage with 2 points so 0.00%.

I've figured out it's because of how the flow is seeing the figures and have seen about converting to floats, but i really am struggling to figure out how. 

can anyone point me in the right direction on a good starting point on this or even better talk me through how to get this working?

thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
DaveDL
Regular Visitor

Kinda figured some of it out.

For the percentages i read that using calculated columns can be problematic and reading that post further lead me to use this.

formatNumber (mul (div (float (triggerOutputs()?['body/ARResult']), float (triggerOutputs()?['body/ARDrop'])), 1), '0.00%''en-GB')

ARDrop is the first at the top and ARResult is the top second.

this gives me something like this
DaveDL_1-1649856568735.png

but trying to get the other 2 bits to show as as currency is still eluding me.

formatNumber (float(triggerOutputs()?['body/ARDrop']),0.00,en-Gb)

or

formatNumber (float(triggerOutputs()?['body/ARDrop']),c2, en-gb)

keep throwing invalid errors

DaveDL
Regular Visitor

Nevermind lol i was forgetting the ' ' bits

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,280)