cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amcneil32
Helper I
Helper I

field not showing up as dynamic content

Hello, I have a flow that is iterating through an excel online table and sending an email for every row. I have tested this flow out successfully by having it send to my email which is the Test Email field. I now need to change the excel field being looked at which is the Email field, but it is not showing up as dynamic content. It appears each object has code behind it.  The test email field shows "items('Apply_to_each')?['Test Email']" as its expression. Will pasting in "items('Apply_to_each')?['Email']" successfully add the field to my flow? Just curious why the other fields showed under dynamic content, but now they do not or I can't change the field. 

thanks 

amcneil32_0-1615311220637.png

amcneil32_0-1615310468734.png

amcneil32_0-1615311270722.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Fields that show in dynamic content are filtered based on things like data type.  Its common for a specific field not to show up. One solution is to type the specific JSON for the field into the Expressions tab.  Another is to insert a compose just in front of the action where you want to use the field and put it in the Compose.  Compose frequently has a broader filter for dynamic content.  You can then use the Compose where you want to use the field.  items('Apply_to_each')?['Email'] should work if you type it into the expressions tab.  One way to be sure is to do a Peek code on the Select Action.  That will show the more specific JSON field name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Fields that show in dynamic content are filtered based on things like data type.  Its common for a specific field not to show up. One solution is to type the specific JSON for the field into the Expressions tab.  Another is to insert a compose just in front of the action where you want to use the field and put it in the Compose.  Compose frequently has a broader filter for dynamic content.  You can then use the Compose where you want to use the field.  items('Apply_to_each')?['Email'] should work if you type it into the expressions tab.  One way to be sure is to do a Peek code on the Select Action.  That will show the more specific JSON field name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

thanks @Pstork1. I added the JSON expression and used Peek code as a reference. The test I ran worked.  I had never explored the Peek code function. This was very helpful. If I'm using Power Automate I need to get more familiar with JSON anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (47,040)