Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sephiel
Helper II
Helper II

filtering sharepoint document library to latest uploads

Hey community!

I've got a few Flows under my belt, but I'm struggling getting the correct output when trying to filter a document library down to the latest uploads from the last week. What I'm trying to accomplish is very similar to this post, but my filter array output is still blank:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Weekly-email-digest-new-items-in-SPO-list/m-p/293...

I've tried all manner of changing the filter parameters and my output is blank every time. 

I know I am getting an output from the Get files step, and my document library is less than the 5000 item threshold. I don't see any option to throttle the number of items returned outside the "Top Count", so I assume it is grabbing them all.

Annotation 2020-06-24 085930.jpg

Thanks for the help!! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Sephiel 

I suspect that your issue is your date format - it should probably be yyyy-MM-dd.

That said, a much better way to approach this is to use a Filter query in you Get files (properties only) action.  See my example below.  The expression that I used can be seen in the action comments.  Also, note the single quotes around the expression in my query.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Sephiel 

I suspect that your issue is your date format - it should probably be yyyy-MM-dd.

That said, a much better way to approach this is to use a Filter query in you Get files (properties only) action.  See my example below.  The expression that I used can be seen in the action comments.  Also, note the single quotes around the expression in my query.

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

View solution in original post

Thanks! Yes, that worked well. Now to get the output in an HTML format that's readable, but probably warrants another topic post. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,326)