cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

flow error on condition

I have a form that collects: name, location, 3 yes/no questions and a numeric value temperature. I created a powerautomate flow that writes to an excel (excel1) file and has two conditions. If any of the 3 yes/no answers are yes send an email to a predefine address, if no then write the name, location and time to a separate excel (excel2) sheet. The flow works great but I want to add some more to it and so far I haven't been able to manage. What I am trying to do is:

1. Add the temperature to the yes/no conditions as another or; like: if temperature is equal or greater than 100, or any of the 3 yes/no questions is a yes send and email. But I keep getting an error that it needs two values and cant figure out how to correct it

2. If the condition is false it writes to an excel file- excel2. Is it possible to email a manager based on the location column? i created another column that with a vlookup formula inserts the manager email based on the location.

Learning powerautomate, still a novice, any help will be greatly appreciate it.

7 REPLIES 7
Super User III
Super User III

@afanaras 

For your condition, see my example below:

image.png

With regards to your second question, you can't do a VLOOKUP.  If you provide some additional information I might be able to suggest an alternative.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

• For the Condition: I am not sure i understand where i put those expressions, what is the trigger? I am sorry for not getting it, just started playing with it. Can you please detail it for me? I am attaching a screenshot with the flow, hopefully that helps. 

• For the vlookup: What I am trying to do is send an email alert to the managers that their employee completed the form for the day. Unfortunately, I do not collect the manager's email address in the form, (trying to keep it simple and easy for them). In the second excel i just write, name, location and date, no sensitive health info. I figured by having a vloookup table populating the email based on what location (we have 25) I could accomplish that.; I suspect by the time the vlookup is run though, the flow is done and no info is in that field to generate an email. I know i deally is to edit the form and ad the email on it and I might go that route if nothing else works. 
  •  

Really appreciate taking the time to help.

• Capture2.PNG

Was wondering if you were able to review my reply and had any insights?

Thanks

@afanaras 

Your condition is in the right place.

If your org chart has been defined in Office 365, you can use the Office 365 Users Get Manager action to find the managers email.  See my screen shot below:

image.png

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

I will check on the 365 email. 
but the temperature condition doesn’t work, still telling me it expects two numbers to compare. 

The temperature solution is more important to resolve and in dire need! Thank you for your suggestions but I really can't make it work. Could you please elaborate on your solution? The way I have it right now it gives me an error that it is looking for two values to compare. What am I missing? again, please treat it as working with someone with basic knowledge on flows.

Thank you

I couldn't get the temperature to work, it seems that it should be an easy thing, so I ended up asking a question on my form if the temp was higher than 99 or not and based on the text yes/no i can condition the flow.

As far as the email notification, we have the form to work outside the organization so i cannot filter for emails. Any other suggestions? Power automate does not have excel on row creation Triger yet, thinking i could had  created a second flow to send out the email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (93,574)