cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grahampasmurf
Level: Powered On

flow - some columns missing from Dynamic content, from the "when an item is created or modified"

I am working on several flows that run "when an item is created or modified" in SharePoint Online. In that flow I set variables based on the value of the item when it is created or modified.

Recently some columns began to disappear from the list of available columns in the Dynamic Content area.

These columns will appear in the list from other trigger points, such as if I have an "Update item" action, but I want the original value.

Note that the "see more" option is not available in this case. I do not know why the Dynamic Content is behaving this odd way.

My only other option is to use a Compose action to get those columns.  Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: flow - some columns missing from Dynamic content, from the "when an item is created or modified"

@grahampasmurf 

Sometimes Flow does not show all columns in dynamic content

You can get the values using expressions and a compose action

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

grahampasmurf

Re: flow - some columns missing from Dynamic content, from the "when an item is created or modified"

Okay, I will be using Compose action for this from now on, with triggerBody()?['columnName']

grahampasmurf

This workaround works some of the time, but I still get errors sometimes.  Plus, this bug also affects the initial trigger conditions of the flow, preventing the flow from functioning properly.  That is something that cannot be fixed by this workaround.

grahampasmurf

UPDATE - on some of the columns that were missing, the solution was either to add those columns to the "All Items" view or to update the "When an item is created or modified" trigger to set the "Limit Columns by View" to "Use all columns (Do not limit)" or to otherwise not set that limit.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,850)