cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

flow to approve document uploaded to sharepoint via dynamics 365

hi 

I am trying to create an approval flow, to approve a document that is uploaded to sharepoint via dynamics 365

Dynamics 365 and Sharepoint integration uploads documents to sharepoint from Dynamics 365 to a folder created for a specific dyanmics 365 record, but when I try to create the flow and select a trigger 'For a selected item' it asks me to enter List Name - I am guessing this is where the flow will be looking for the selected documents? but I dont have a list name, I just want the flow to trigger when a docuement is selected and those docuements aren't uplaoded to a specific list name

has anyone tried to do something similar? 

many thanks,

Martyna 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: flow to approve document uploaded to sharepoint via dynamics 365

Hi @Martyna0210,

The trigger "For a selected item" would worked when a document in a sharepoint libaray is selected.

If you want to trigger a flow when a docuement is selected and those docuements aren't uplaoded to a specific libarary,where are those documents saved in?

Please refer to link below to learn more about trigger a flow for a selected file:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/flow-in-spo-document-libraries/

Best regards,

Alice

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: flow to approve document uploaded to sharepoint via dynamics 365

hi Alice,

thanks for your email, sorry I might be missing something 

the 'For a selected item' trigger still requires me to enter list name, and I dont understand what it should be in this scenario?

when a file is uploaded to Sharepoint via Dynamics 365 a folder is created for each CRM record and the file is saved in that folder, but the folder is different for each record, I guess thsi is what is meant by 'list name' or 'library' ?

if the folder is differnt everytime what should I enter in the flow?

any insight is appreciated 

many thanks,

Martyna  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,751)