cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nohus
Level: Powered On

flow to count list elements on Sharepoint

Hi

I have posted this here before, but the suggestion I got for a solution doesn't work. I thought I would be able to find a solution using that as a template, but I failed.... Here's the problem:

I have been asked to create a Flow which can do more or less this:

I have two lists; "Total" and "In use".. The first list has two elements titled "squares" and "circles", and it has a column called "quantity". 

The second list tells us who has the squares and circles. So, a list element there may be; "Title: Square; User: John; Quantity: 3; Status: In use". The second list also lists the number of circles we have purchased ("Title; Square; User; 'empty'; Quantity: 40; Status: Purchased"). 

I want to create a flow which once per day counts how many squares and circles we have in stock and edits the quantity column on the first list accordingly. So, it adds all the purchased items and subtracts all the ones in use. 

There are, of course, alternative approaches to managing items. However, I cannot see how to create a flow which runs through an entire list neither do I see a way to do something akin to "circles = circles + total" for other approaches to the problem (like having a Flow edit the first list whenever the second list gets a new element). 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: flow to count list elements on Sharepoint

Hi @nohus,

Do you want to update the Total list with how many squares and circles in stock?

I have made the following flow, please check it for a reference. In my scenario, I am just going to update the quantity of circles, you could add a parallel branch to update the quantity of squares.

According to your description, create two lists Total and In use with required columns.

Initialize circles variables of type Integer, get items from In use list, add filter query action to filter out circles, then increment variables to get the total quantity of circles.

Than get items from list Total, filter out all the circles, and update the corresponding quantity with the output of Compose action.

Screenshots for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Please also check the following blog for a reference:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/calculate-running-totals-and-tracking-maximum-values-in-flow/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,809)