Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

flow to send an email when number reaches

Hi,

Im building a maintenance asset service register,

i have several columns in sharepoint one with the current machine hours. if the number is say 8030 and i want to send an approval email when that number reaches between 8180 and 8250 how would i go about that?

What would the trigger be? when an item is modified?

and the conditions etc? 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: flow to send an email when number reaches

Hi @shaneOZ if you're storing your data in a SharePoint list and you just keep updating the list item with the latest hours, then yes you would use "When an item is modified".

If your Machine Hours are updated every hours then your condition would simply be:

Current Machine Hours equals 8180

If true: 

- Start an approval (or send an email if you want something more manual)

If false:

- Terminate

If your machine hours are updated less often, e.g. your hours jumps from 8100 to 8200, then you could use this:

Current Machine Hours is greater than or equal to 8180

AND Current Machine Hours is less than or equal to 8250

If true: 

- Start an approval (or send an email if you want something more manual)

If false:

- Terminate

Did my reply help? Please give it a thumbs up.
Did I answer your question? Please mark my post as a solution!
If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Community Leader: Black Country PowerApps & Flow User Group

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Yes you could use the SharePoint "When an item is created or modified trigger" and then have a condition that if the hours is greater than or equal to 8180 AND hours is less than or equal to 8250 start an approval otherwise do nothing. Or you could use a recurrence schedule as the trigger and set it to run at, say, 8am each day,  then add a SharePoint Get items action to get items from the list, then add a Condition (which will get wrapped in an Apply to each) to check the hours and if it is greater than or equal to 8180 AND less than or equal to 8250 start an approval otherwise do nothing.

Rob
Los Gallardos

1-recurrenceGetItems.png

2-applytoeachCondition.png

3-approval.png

4-email.png

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@RobElliott wrote:

Yes you could use the SharePoint "When an item is created or modified trigger" and then have a condition that if the hours is greater than or equal to 8180 AND hours is less than or equal to 8250 start an approval otherwise do nothing. Or you could use a recurrence schedule as the trigger and set it to run at, say, 8am each day,  then add a SharePoint Get items action to get items from the list, then add a Condition (which will get wrapped in an Apply to each) to check the hours and if it is greater than or equal to 8180 AND less than or equal to 8250 start an approval otherwise do nothing.

Rob
Los Gallardos

1-recurrenceGetItems.png

2-applytoeachCondition.png

3-approval.png

4-email.png

Thanks for the response its a spot on example of what i want to do,

In regards to if the machinery is 8180 or 8200 etc send email,

I have several bits of machinery all at different hours, what would the code be if i wanted to send an email say at the X180 X380 X680 and X880 where X could be anything from 0 to 150 ie one piece of machinery is at 8180 and another is at 150180 for example?

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Ive found a work around however i think im going to have to create a flow say for greater than or equal to 180 or less than or equal 250

then create another flow say for greater than or equal to 430 or less than 500 etc etc..

Is this the only way to go about this? its aloooooooooooooot of flows to build..

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,768)