cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

flow with no trigger? or manual trigger?

Hi All,

I am using a flow to trigger another flow.  There is an action in Flow A to start Flow B, and this works fine.

Currently, Flow B is using a trigger of "item is created or updated" and I am using a condition to terminate the flow if Flow A hasn't run yet.

Is there a better trigger for Flow B in this case?  I only want it to run when Flow A starts it.  

would a manual trigger still allow Flow B to run if started by Flow A?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you tried to use the HTTP action to create nested flows? Please check this blog for a reference:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/build-nested-flows/

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, @Anonymous!

Have you had a chance to apply @v-yamao-msft‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel

Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager
Power Platform Communities
Anonymous
Not applicable

no I haven't because that either doesn't work for me or I just am not able to make it work given the instructions provided.

...................................................and here we stop?

No further replies from Microsoft?

You can create a flow on mobile only, oh wait, that's a rediculous notion. 

Zdonaldson, have you tried using the "Force"? Given my experience trying to get ANYTHING simple done in Microsoft is far easier to attain by using the Force rather than their tools (using the term loosely).  Some things do work, and they look pretty, but typically they work only on a Tuesday with a full moon. Otherwise, you're S.O.L.

Microsoft. Don't like my comments? Hire me as a consultant if you have the balls and I'll show you why myself and thousands of others are CONSTANTLY COMPLAINING!! You will try to justify every stupid issue but guaranteed it's all about prgroam creep, spresading too thin. lots of color no substance that people actually need.

You're trying to be too much to too many and not finalizing ANYTHING (except Excel) to users' satisfaction.

"How was my comment? Is there anything else I can help you with today?"

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,470)