cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Omar
Advocate I
Advocate I

forms delete all responses

It would be great to have an action that when triggered deletes a response or possibly all responses. Due to GDPR having data saved both in Forms and in SharePoint (if the form data is copied into SharePoint) is not ideal and there is currently no way to automate the deletion of the responses from within Flow. I know all of the responses within a form can be deleted from within the Forms action menu so having something similiar as an action within Flow would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Omar
Advocate I
Advocate I
8 REPLIES 8
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Omar,

Are you working with SharePoint forms? Do you want to delete the items in the forms using Microsoft Flow?

If yes, I am afraid that currently there is no available action can be used. Please consider submitting a request on Flow Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, @Omar!

If you have already posted your idea to the Flow Community Ideas Forum then you need to post the URL to your idea’s thread as a reply to this thread and then "Accept as Solution" on that reply so other users may vote for your Flow Idea and identify the information easily.

Thank You!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Omar
Advocate I
Advocate I
MayureshT

Hi All,

Did anyone find how to deleted Microsoft Forms responses from excel using flow? 

WendyOx

This is not solved! The suggestion is just a request to Voice Ideas ... unmark as solved!

ewfefwef
Advocate II
Advocate II

Use Send HTTP Request to SharePoint Connector in Power Automate.

You need your TenantID, UserID and FormID(s).

See Azure Active Director or Powershell to get Tenant and UserIDs. The form URL shows the ID.

My flow deletes all responses from many forms each night.

I created a simple array FormID with Name & ID of all the forms. You could easily use a MS List or excel or whatever source you want to maintain for Form Name/IDs.

Loop the array and delete all responses.

You Parse the JSON (your array) inside the loop to be able to use the ID string variable in the HTTP connector. Makes it easy to read and understand the flow, I just prefer to an expression.

ewfefwef_0-1648103610484.png

Holy mother of all it does work your way !

the difference is i change

the Users/[Uservariable] for Groups/[GroupVariable]

using the sharepoint http request allows you to authenticate

Someone69_1-1650984685292.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (5,172)