cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasper1234
Helper II
Helper II

get SP list row and fill values of the different columns in specific cells of an excel template (cells are not in table format)

Hi,

i am struggling a bit for a flow to create a file.

following scenario: I have an app connected to a sharepoint list. Once a new entry has been made in the sharepoint list, the flow should start to take the data from this new row and create a report file. Its most easy if this can be an excel file. 

The values from the various columns of the sharepoint list row will have to be filled in specific cells of the report file. these cells are not in table format and in various places places of the report file. In this understanding i am not simply copying the whole row once a new row has been added. 

Is there a good command flow i can use for this task, or do i need to consider a work around of some kind?

the best option i came up with is to make a temporary excel table/file first for the whole row. then create another flow to take the values out of this temporary excel file. not exactly sure if this makes any difference, but before i sit down and try to figure out this work around i thought i may ask in the community for some more professional advice. 

thanks!

1 REPLY 1
sumurthy
Microsoft
Microsoft

One easy way to do this would be to send the Sharepoint list data to Excel online's run script action and use an Office Script to selectively pick data, format, etc. and update a table or worksheet in Excel. 

You will need an Office Script that accepts input in the form of array of columns or an object. 

Either way the data will be passed as a string which you can then parse or split and extract specific data you need to update Excel. 

Resources:

Overview: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/dev/scripts/develop/power-automate-integration

Video: https://youtu.be/dVwqBf483qo 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,409)