Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

get attachment (v2) does not work if email has subject, for some reason

I use the following flow:

1. "When a new email arrives (V3)

2. "Apply to each" (take "attachment" from previous step)

2a. "Get Attachment (V2)" (take "message id" & "attachments attachment id")

2b. Create file in sharepoint, etc

Flow actually runs successfully but files & folders not created.

I see "get attachment (v2)" step is greyed out if email has subject.

Folders & files created if email does not have subject. not sure why. Please help. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

I am having a similar error, but I am using a shared inbox. My flow has a similar format. I was able to get it to work on occasion, but my sharepoint list fields were unable to populate.

Highlighted

@schm2231 I was able to get it to work again by deleting & adding the same steps. I had added a small change at one step of the flow & redoing it seemed to jumpstart it again for some reason.

Highlighted

What was the change?

Highlighted

I don't recall, sorry. did you make a copy, or delete & add same steps? did it help? I have no idea why yet why it worked for me.

Highlighted

I have a very similar flow.

1. Outlook - When a new email arrives (V3)
  2. Sharepoint - Create Item (in sharepoint list)
  3. Apply to each of attachments
    1. Outlook Get Attachment (v2)
    2. Sharepoint - Add attachment
  4. Send an email (v2)

if the email contains attachment .jpg, the flow run success, the .jpg was added to the sharepoint list item
if the email contains attachments .jpg, .msg, the flow run success, only .jpg was added to the sharepoint list item
if the email contains attachment .msg, the flow run success, but no attachment was added to the sharepoint list item
if the email contains attachments .jpg, .pdf x2, the flow run success, 3 attachments were added to the sharepoint list item

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,706)