Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sumaira
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

get dial in conference number fo send it in sms

Hello community experts,

I want to get the Microsoft Teams dial-in conference details, when a meeting is created

How do i get that in power automate?

Its very urgent requirement

Please guide

Thanks in advance!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sumaira,

I would say this would be possible by extract it from the body text from the related outlook event. You can use split functions for that.

I am basing my example on this outlook event body text. So amend were needed to fit to your situation. 

eventdialindetails.png

1. Add a When a new event is created (V3). You might want to add some additional trigger conditions to keep the number of flow runs to a minimum.

eventcreated.png

2. Use the Html to text to convert. I added it to make it easier to interact with the body content. Use the body field from the trigger

htmltotext.png

3. Use a compose to split the text and extract the number and dial in code. I am looking for the phrase 'Or call in (audio only)' to extract the dial details

split(split(outputs('Html_to_text')?['body'], 'Or call in (audio only)')?[1], '[tel:')?[0]

extractdialinnumber.png

Hope this helps a bit to get you started?

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot for the response @Expiscornovus 

Many thanks for the details, but when i create meeting from MS booking or teams, it doesnt show conference number even after it being set up

Also when i create meeting using outlook it displays

How do i resolve this?

Please guide 

Thanks in advance

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sumaira,

I would say this would be possible by extract it from the body text from the related outlook event. You can use split functions for that.

I am basing my example on this outlook event body text. So amend were needed to fit to your situation. 

eventdialindetails.png

1. Add a When a new event is created (V3). You might want to add some additional trigger conditions to keep the number of flow runs to a minimum.

eventcreated.png

2. Use the Html to text to convert. I added it to make it easier to interact with the body content. Use the body field from the trigger

htmltotext.png

3. Use a compose to split the text and extract the number and dial in code. I am looking for the phrase 'Or call in (audio only)' to extract the dial details

split(split(outputs('Html_to_text')?['body'], 'Or call in (audio only)')?[1], '[tel:')?[0]

extractdialinnumber.png

Hope this helps a bit to get you started?

Thanks a lot for the response @Expiscornovus 

Many thanks for the details, but when i create meeting from MS booking or teams, it doesnt show conference number even after it being set up

Also when i create meeting using outlook it displays

How do i resolve this?

Please guide 

Thanks in advance

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Sumaira,

It is a audio conferencing feature of Microsoft Teams, which also requires additional licenses. 

Just to double check, do you have that feature available and setup in your tenant?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/set-up-audio-conferencing-in-teams

Yes for teams it is set up @Expiscornovus 

When i create meeting using teams your approach works well but its not working when i create meeting using outlook or MS booking calendar

Please guide!

Thanks!!

microsoftuser55
Microsoft
Microsoft

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,467)