Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

get latest data from SP list column

folks,

I have two SP list. 

1. HR - where HR fill up onboard entries.
  2. Department RBAC - IT Department set department roles and RBAC in this list. both columns are choice.

HR fills up new hire form (list in SP)

It sends out an email to IT Depart with 2nd list link in there, flow wait for IT Department to click on submit.

IT Department click on link in the email (which goes to 2nd list), and select depart roles and RBAC for employee.

IT department click on Submitt in the email.

Flows suppose to check 2nd list and output last update column (department roles and RBAC)

It is giving me all entries in 2nd list regardless last updated.

How can I get last update entry in 2nd list?

two list flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: get latest data from SP list column

Hi,

Get Items will return all list items. 

Your logic does not seem the best to me realistically, but anyway to get it working you could capture utcnow into a compose action before the approval process, and then filter the get items using a odata query where created is ge than the date in the compse action.

cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Get Items will return all list items. 

Your logic does not seem the best to me realistically, but anyway to get it working you could capture utcnow into a compose action before the approval process, and then filter the get items using a odata query where created is ge than the date in the compse action.

cheers

Chris

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

hi Chris, which logic you meant doesn't line up. I am new to flow and it really interest me to create some automation. The would be my first automation for new hire...If you could give me some point, i would appreciate you...

thanks

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi already gave you some clues in the last post on how you would achieve what you need 🙂

As for rebuilding your business process well that would be up to you i am sure there are better ways to do it though 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (10,820)