Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amatrox
Resolver I
Resolver I

get specific value from sharepoint list

Hi all,

I am new to Power Automate and trying to get a specific value from a sharepoint list and increment a variable. The list looks like this:

rating.png

The flow should increment a variable. E.g. If a condition is true it should use the value of "Rating" from "ID" 1 and it it´s false it should use the value of "Rating" from "ID" 2.

condition.png

I got a solution by writing the values in a array and use "variables('Rating')[5]" to get the value of index 5 equal to "ID" 5 from the list.

Array solution.png

But I guess there is an easier way with just one expression like "get value "Rating" where "ID" == 1" ?

Best Regards,

André

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. But I think you want something like this:

2021-01-28_11-34-36.jpg

The select creates your array without the need for a variable and to loop through the items and produces output like this:

[
  {
    "ID": 1,
    "Rating": 1
  },
  {
    "ID": 2,
    "Rating": 2
  },
  {
    "ID": 3,
    "Rating": 3
  }
]

The filter then filters the output of the select, to just the ID you are interested in.

The compose step at the bottom outputs the rating, from the only expected result.

The select action will continue to contain the entire array of results so you can perform multiple filters on it if you are looking for different IDs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

@Amatrox -

If you would like to filter List Item for a given id, you can use GetItem Action. See below.

PrasadAthalye_0-1611442561130.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

@PrasadAthalye -

thanks for your reply! I know this function but the problem is, that I have to choose the value due to an answer from a form. So I dont want to use "Get item" for every decission that the flow has to go through

I'm not 100% sure I understand the question. But I think you want something like this:

2021-01-28_11-34-36.jpg

The select creates your array without the need for a variable and to loop through the items and produces output like this:

[
  {
    "ID": 1,
    "Rating": 1
  },
  {
    "ID": 2,
    "Rating": 2
  },
  {
    "ID": 3,
    "Rating": 3
  }
]

The filter then filters the output of the select, to just the ID you are interested in.

The compose step at the bottom outputs the rating, from the only expected result.

The select action will continue to contain the entire array of results so you can perform multiple filters on it if you are looking for different IDs.

View solution in original post

@Paulie78 -

that´s what I was looking for! Not as short as I expected but I can live with that.
Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (1,151)