cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ichbinbunny
Microsoft
Microsoft

get user profile to get email address not working

I am using get user profile with the full name choosing from form, then send an email. The output is user not found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ichbinbunny ,

You should use the search for user action, this action could search for the user profile with the name:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ichbinbunny
Microsoft
Microsoft

Capture.PNG

You can't use the display name to get the User Profile, to retrieve the email address.  You have to use the User Principal Name (UPN) which is normally the same as the email address. I would suggest changing your form to ask for people's email address rather than their name.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

Thank you @Pstork1 , if I still want to keep full name in form answer, what else can I use to convert full name into email address?

I'm not aware of anything that will let you get the email address by supplying the full name.  There is no guarantee that the full name of a user is unique.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365 and PWR EduCon in Chicago
EduCon Chicago 2022

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ichbinbunny ,

You should use the search for user action, this action could search for the user profile with the name:

1.png

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you, @v-alzhan-msft , this works pretty good!

But when I added CC to the responder who submitted the form, it runs into anonymous 

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,368)