Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafaelcosta
Helper I
Helper I

help filtering a table

Hi community,

I have a problem that seems quite easy to solve but it's taking a hell of a lot of time from me. 

Background: 

I have a SharePoint site where I need users to upload their CVs. As the team turnover is quite high, I need to message new joiners to do so and thought of building a flow to regularly check that. All users are to do so, except the Executive Director.

What I have:

I thought of building 2 lists, (a) All members in the SharePoint Site [Name and Email] and (b) All members who have uploaded their CVs already [Name and Email]. From these two lists I would get (a) - (b) = (c) [with Name and Email] and send an email to all the people in (c). I was able to get (a) and (b), but I am struggling to make (c).

For (a), I used a list of group members from the Office 365 groups API and filtered the result placing it in an HTML table with both name (for preparing a personalized email) and the respective email.

rafaelcosta_0-1657192641482.png

For (b) things were a bit trickier, I generated 2 array variables, cvlistname & cvlistemail, and using the SharePoint Get files (properties only) I got the Created by Display Name and Created by Email

rafaelcosta_1-1657192874272.png

Problem:

I can't find a way to filter my HTML table on the cvlistname or cvlistemail arrays. I tried making another HTML table for the cv list and filtering one out of it, but that didn't work. I tried to use CSVs instead of HTML but then I can't get the personalization I need. I was able to make individual arrays and filter one array from another array, but then I can't link both name and email filtered arrays back.

rafaelcosta_3-1657193210513.png

rafaelcosta_4-1657193265422.png

I am open to any alternative way to solve this problem. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@rafaelcosta , another idea would be to concat two keys first before filter

says Name_Email as one element in single string array for ex: John_john@example.com 

one filter is done for C

you can iterate and directly using split get name and email for ex array as below and still my suggestion shall help.

[
"John1_John1@example.com",
"Sam_SamsEmail@example.com",
"Rocky_RockyEmail@example.com",
]

like for name split(variables('Name_Email'),'_')[0]

email split(variables('Name_Email'),'_')[1]

Thanks

Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Shujaath_Khan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @rafaelcosta 

here is the solution to get C = a-b

Shujaath_Khan_0-1657197917132.png

The filter shall takes to the records and gives the reminder, hope it helps.

Thanks

Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

Hi Shujaath_Khan,

I did that and it's in my post. The problem is that it only works if I have a name array filtering a name array or an email array filtering an email array. I need both to filter together, that is why I was trying with an HTML table.

Any other ideas?

@rafaelcosta , another idea would be to concat two keys first before filter

says Name_Email as one element in single string array for ex: John_john@example.com 

one filter is done for C

you can iterate and directly using split get name and email for ex array as below and still my suggestion shall help.

[
"John1_John1@example.com",
"Sam_SamsEmail@example.com",
"Rocky_RockyEmail@example.com",
]

like for name split(variables('Name_Email'),'_')[0]

email split(variables('Name_Email'),'_')[1]

Thanks

Please click Accept as Solution on this reply if it helped to solve your issue, and thumbs-up if you feel this is useful or important in other ways as a boost.

This worked,

Thanks for the idea!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,904)