Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohoelx
Helper I
Helper I

help with 'roleassignment' web api

Hey all -

Trying to get a simple flow going to update the role assignment of a given folder. Our scenario is somewhat contrary to the 'norm' in that we have a document library with folders wherein each folder will have a unique set of users with permission. Working to automate the add / remove of authorized users on a per-folder basis. In my test, I can get the first part to work, but when I add the /roleassignment portion, it fails with an error 404, can't find the resource.

_api/web/GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl('Shared Documents/PermTest')  <-- this works and returns info on the folder.

_api/web/GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl('Shared Documents/PermTest')/roleassignments/addroleassignment(principalid=13, roledefid=1073741827)  <-- this gets 404 error.

I have validated the "principalid" and the "roledefid" so I don't think that's the problem. Any help? Here is the pertinent part of the Flow...

Capture.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Mohoelx
Helper I
Helper I

Is there a reference somewhere to what the available "actions" are? Meaning the red portion of the URI;

_api/web/GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl('Shared Documents/PermTest')

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,963)