cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fathedz

help with saving attachments

Hi there

I have set up a flow to save certain attachments to a Sharepoint folder. The flow is working save that the file which is being created is not the pdf attachment but a unix file (with the naming convention I requested).

Interestingly I found a template on the automate site and it does the same thing.

Which parameters should I use to have the actual pdf saved?

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fathedz ,

Are you having trouble with pdf attachment files saved to the SharePoint folder in the wrong format?

You could use the "Get email (V2)" action to get back the contents of the email attachments, I found a post with a similar problem to you, I hope it helps.

Please refer to this link: Solved: Pdf attachment is corrupted when saved in Sharepoi... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

vJessicaGmsft_0-1641894980573.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fathedz ,

Are you having trouble with pdf attachment files saved to the SharePoint folder in the wrong format?

You could use the "Get email (V2)" action to get back the contents of the email attachments, I found a post with a similar problem to you, I hope it helps.

Please refer to this link: Solved: Pdf attachment is corrupted when saved in Sharepoi... - Power Platform Community (microsoft....

vJessicaGmsft_0-1641894980573.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

fathedz

Thank you. I am using the create files option but with Sharepoint. There might be a bug with that option.

Hi @fathedz ,

Could you show me a screenshot of the flow? So that I can learn more about flow issues. 

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

fathedz

Thank you. Screenshot attached.Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 10.32.40.png

Hi @fathedz ,

Is your dynamic content here the dynamic content of the selected "get attachment(v2)"?

vJessicaGmsft_0-1642156688764.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

fathedz

Thanks Jessica

Just to clarify - 

Is "which" the same as "which"?

Hi @fathedz ,

Because the format of getting the attachment directly from the "when a new email arrives" trigger is wrong, you could use the "get attachment" action to try if you can get the correct attachment content back. Dynamic content from different actions and triggers is different.

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,604)