cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alicito
Frequent Visitor

how can I add MULTIPLE attachments shared links in approval email onedrive not share point

Hi there, I have tried to find a solution but can't seems to figure it out.

Flow is used to create reimbursement form that trigger and upload the attachments to onedrive, then a flow to create a shared link to send the manager to approve the request then store all data in sharepoint if accepted by manager. I can only add one link in the item link to send the email approval request ( where Im uploading up to 10 attachments in form ) 

I need to be able to send the link for all the uploaded attachments or if I can attache the attachments to the email. 

Look at the flow video to see the flow 

https://imgur.com/azwDpQa

Process: 

1. When a new response is submitted
    1. Get response details
    2. Parse JSON ( Upload file from form) Schema generated with 5 attachments 
    3. Get file content using path ( /Apps/Microsoft Forms/Concern Form/question/ " Query is called name" )
    4. Create share link by path (Apps/Microsoft Forms/Concern Form/question/ " Query is called name")
    5. Get manager (V2)
    6. Create an approval 3 ( Item link = link)
    7. then create everything in sharepoint if true.

up1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Alicito ,

You could refer to the following method to add File link to Approval email, but if there are multiple links, you can only configure them in Details. You can format the details using MarkDown.

35.PNG

36.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi

You need a workaround

Do you store all attachments in the same SP library? If so, do they share a common metadata value, so we can identify them amongs others?

If so, you just need to rebuild your link, so it points the sharepoint library filtered by the unique metadata value identifying all your attachment files

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Wo What I understand from you is, when the form is submitted. create an item in sharepoint list with the attachments, then extract the link from there and add it to the approval card?

Do you have a link to do that? I can't seems to know the process of that. 

Thanks 

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alicito ,

The first thing we need to know is whether the forms you create are Group form or personal form, which determines where the uploaded attachments are stored.

It also determines which connector we need to use to get the attributes of the file.

If the form is a Group form, you can refer to the following link to get the file:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/O365-Group-Form-responses-with-attachments-to-Sha...

If it is not a group form, you can refer to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foy8i6jPZrg

Please tell us the specific details so that we can provide a suitable solution.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for your replay, the for is personal, and files stored under one drive for the system user, then saved in share point

Hi @Alicito ,

You could refer to the following method to add File link to Approval email, but if there are multiple links, you can only configure them in Details. You can format the details using MarkDown.

35.PNG

36.PNG

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Appriciate your help and the time you spent.

Flow.JPG

Thank you for this solution @v-bacao-msft . This worked for me however the file hyperlinks are back to back in the approval email making it difficult to identify that they are multiple attachments. Is there something I can do to identify them separately?

approval email hyperlink.jpg

Here is the Approval email setup:

Approval email.jpg

KolKedo
Regular Visitor

Hello everyone,

I have the problem,  that the links in the email cannot be clicked.

Problem is on Outlook web, Outlook desktop. 

Does anyone have an idea for me?

KolKedo_0-1634819415650.pngKolKedo_1-1634819489402.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,842)