cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaolai
Advocate I
Advocate I

how often a microsoft flow gets triggered?

I created a Flow triggered by when new email arrives. We didn't enable the flow until today, but we already have over a hundred unread emails sitting in the Inbox. When I turned the flow on, we was expecting the flow will process those unread emails one every 3 or 5 minutes (whatever the default interval is). However it didn't seem work that way. Can anybody tell me how often the flow gets triggered, every 3 min or 5 min? And why they are not triggered as long as I have unread emails?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I do not know the technical details behind the flow trigger, but it is clear for me, that unread e-mails are just e-mails with a state and they are not arriving.

It is when you mailbox receives a new e-mail, that the flow is triggered. The new e-mail is then stored in your mailbox and gets the state "unread".

It is not the state that triggers the flow, but the act of arriving/being retrieved from the mail server into your mailbox.

That is my understanding 🙂
John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JohnAageAnderse
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

The flow is triggered only when a new e-mail arrives! The ones sitting in your mailbox is not arriving and thus does not trigger the flow. In other words, they have already arrived before you activated the flow.

Is my understanding correct?

Did you test that new e-mails arriving are processed by the flow?

Kind regards, John

Thanks John.

Do you know how flow differentiate the arriving emails and unread emails?

I do not know the technical details behind the flow trigger, but it is clear for me, that unread e-mails are just e-mails with a state and they are not arriving.

It is when you mailbox receives a new e-mail, that the flow is triggered. The new e-mail is then stored in your mailbox and gets the state "unread".

It is not the state that triggers the flow, but the act of arriving/being retrieved from the mail server into your mailbox.

That is my understanding 🙂
John

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,180)