cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbelvadi
Regular Visitor

how to change incoming email header to display listserv Sender as From in OWA

My employer recently switched us to OWA from Google and I am struggling with some of the differences that impact my workflow. I subscribe to many professional-related listservs and need to be able to see at a glance in the Inbox list which message is from a listserv vs a single person. The problem is that for some lists, the "from" is "listname on behalf of person-name" and OWA shows the person-name, not the listname, in the Inbox display. So I was wondering if I could use Power Automate to edit all such incoming emails to get rid of that "on behalf of" (or the internal equivalent) so I see the listname in the Inbox list.

Here's an example of what it says in the full message: "EZproxy List <EZPROXY-L@OCLCLISTS.ORG> on behalf of McNally, Ryan <r.mcnally@NORTHEASTERN.EDU>" and here's what's hidden in the message header that corresponds to this:

Received: from mhostap01ewdu.dev.oclc.org (mhostap01ewdu.dev.oclc.org
[10.192.129.5]) by LSTSRVAP01PWDU.PROD.OCLC.ORG (SMTPL release 1.1e)
(envelope-from <r.mcnally@northeastern.edu>) for
EZPROXY-L@oclclists.org with TCP; Thu, 5 Aug 2021 10:32:24 -0400

Sender: EZproxy List <EZPROXY-L@OCLCLISTS.ORG>

I can afford to completely lose the "McNally, Ryan" info as he will have identified himself in the email body anyway.

Is there anything I can do with Power Automate to change this email within my Inbox to remove the From and change Sender to From, or swap those labels?

I've seen lots of Power Automate posts about changing "From" but they all seem to be about outgoing emails, not incoming ones.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

PS. I know I can use a Rule with Categorize to add a visual cue, but I have so many different lists I would prefer to just "fix" the emails instead of creating a ton of categories.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,114)