cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeanTambling
Level: Powered On

how to concat the name of a file for a pen input control from powerapps

I have created a powerapp that has an input box for full name. It also has a pen input control. for the onselect of the save to sharepoint button i have this formula:  Set(varSignature, JSON(SignatureInputPen.Image, JSONFormat.IgnoreBinaryData)); Set(varSignature, Mid(varSignature, 24, Len(varSignature) - 24)); PenInputToHODSharepoint.Run(varSignature)

This part works perfectly.

I had the flow added to the app and had it configured to make the name of the file that is saved to sharepoint using the current date and time. That worked perfectly. I decided to try and change this part so that the name of the file comes from an input box from the powerapp. Below i have posted the part of the Flow i believe i have wrong and need to fix. I'm not exactly sure i understand how to collect the name from the input box to add as the name of the file in this part of the Flow, can someone help me? The input box name is SigNameInput. I added the .Text thinking it was needed. Is it? When i try and run the flow it fails. Any help appreciated.

"name": "@{concat(parameters('SigNameInput.Text'),'.png')

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: how to concat the name of a file for a pen input control from powerapps

Hi @SeanTambling 

varSignature passed to Flow only contains the JSON object

Create another variable of type string in Flow and then set its value as "Ask in PowerApps"

Then  in your PowerApp

Set(varSignature, JSON(SignatureInputPen.Image, JSONFormat.IgnoreBinaryData)); Set(varSignature, Mid(varSignature, 24, Len(varSignature) - 24)); PenInputToHODSharepoint.Run(varSignature, SigNameInput.Text & ".png")

In order for the Flow updates to be reflected in PowerApps, delete the Flow association from PowerApps.

Close the App, Open app in edit mode and then associate the Flow again (sometime the changes in Flow do not reflect in PowerApps due to caching)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,041)