Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psunith1476
Level: Power Up

how to create a flow to populate my excel template and create a file

We need to create a flow as per below

1. User submits a purchase requisition form

2. We have Excel Template, the fileds from this from populate the excel template

AND

3. Creates an Excel File in PRF Document Library with Name Format : "PRF-'Number to derived from Form"

4. An Email is sent to Approver01.

If Approved -

a) A digital Signature to appear below approvers name on the template. Or the Term "Approved" appears against the approvers name. (please note the same excel file in the sharepoint DL to be updated with the Digital Signature/"Approved")

b) An Email sent to Approver02. Who clicks on "Approve"

c) Now the "PO" template is updated with the fields from the Form/PRF file and a new file created in PO Document Library with Name Format: "PO-Next available number"

d) The PO is then sent to the initiator as an "PDF" attachment. to print - stamp - signoff by "Approver02"

Note - Can we automate the PO to have the signature and company stamp too into the template?

If Rejected by "Approver01" - The term "Rejected" to show against the name. And the status of the PRF in the list & document library to show "Rejected" and an email sent to an Initiator saying PRF Rejected.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: how to create a flow to populate my excel template and create a file

After quickly reviewing your requirements I believe that Flow can perform most if not all of what you are seeking.

If you could provide an expanded screenshot of your Flow and steps, and of any detailed error messages you're receiving we could likely better assist you.

If you have trouble getting started with Microsoft Flow I strongly suggest making your way through this free Flow training documentation:

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: how to create a flow to populate my excel template and create a file

Hi @psunith1476 ,

About step3, “create an Excel file in PRF Document library with Name format”, do you want to create the file using the content of the Excel template?

Do you want to add the signature and company stamp into the template automatically?

Please take a try with connector DocuSign, which is the easiest way to sign and get documents signed:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/docusign/

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 6,573 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: