cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeighMS

how to troubleshoot a flow - email attachement to SharePoint

I have a simple flow that checks my Office 365 email and when it detects a certain subject line pattern it creates a file in Sharepoint using the associated attachement.

It is fine with the Flow Checker and runs with no errors - however no attachements are saved to SharePoint.

I have checked the Connections it is using and it has my identity with the organisation.

To try and identify where the issues is (not accessing the inbox or not able to create file in Sharepoint) I need to find a way to find out exactly what thye Flow is doing.

Anyone know how to create or find detailed information about what is happening within a flow?

8 REPLIES 8
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@LeighMS 

First, take a look a one of your Flow runs - it will show you exactly what happened and allow you to see the values used in your Flow.  To view the run, simply click on it.

Please post a screen shot of your Flow.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

To view the run history:

(1) Go to My flows and (2) select your flow:

ekarim2020_0-1626188175566.png

(3) Look at the 28 day run history. Click one of the run histories:

ekarim2020_1-1626188243678.png

The flow run history is shown:

ekarim2020_2-1626188363385.png

Click on one of the action headers to view the history of that action item:

ekarim2020_3-1626188408261.png

Ellis

met office data flow.jpg
Told you it was simple.

Ironically had a different version of this working fine for months, then I mistakely volunteered to be an Ofice 365 MFA early adopter, which broke my flows.
After much futile attempts to get those working with authenticating them, I got my Office 365 MFA switched off, started from scratch and found it still didn't work.

I have that - and AFAIK it indicates that it has created the files from the attchment.

It has definitely picked up the right attachment name

met office data flow 2.jpg

EDIT

Have added the outputs for the above - which look right to my novice eye.

met office data flow 3.jpg

ekarim2020
Super User
Super User

So the flow is working as expected?

@LeighMS 

As suggested by @ekarim2020 the output does indicate that a file was created.  Is it possible that your SharePoint view is filtered and does not show the new document?

Try doing a search in SharePoint for the document.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Apart from the fact that no files are created!
That is the weird thing. Every indication of success with no actual result.

> Is it possible that your SharePoint view is filtered and does not show the new document?

That was not it - but it did lead me to do a search of the whole organisation.

I am ashamed to admit a silly error.

I had a similiarly named Sharepoint space (not used for a long time) which I had inadvertently used in the selection box for where to save files to.

In my rather lame defence the file path was very long and the name didn't fully appear in the selection field so I hadn't spotted it.

Can we all pretend that this never happened....?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,765)