cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alextacy27

i need something when somebody create or modify a shared one note let us sending us a email

i need something when somebody create or modify a shared one note let us sending us a email

3 REPLIES 3
gamoraes
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @alextacy27.

First of all welcome to community!

Today we don't have an trigger for modify in OneNote, the current triggers are:

• When a new page is created in a section
  • When a new section group is created
  • When a new section is created

But your idea is very useful, can you please post it in Flow Ideias

If one of existing triggers can help you, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Best Regards,

Gustavo Moraes

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Gustavo Moraes, o astronauta brasileiro do Flow!

m4ngo5
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi alextacy27,

You can do this by checking if the file is modified.  Of course, this will check if the whole Notebook has been modified, not if a specific page has been modified -- I make this assumption in my examples below.  There are a couple ways to approach this.

1. A simple OneDrive method would be to get an alert anytime a file in a specific folder has been modified.  This requires the OneNote Notebook to be in its own folder or you'll get notification emails as other files in the folder are modified. 

The problem with this method is the potential flood of emails caused by the autosave feature in OneNote.

SimpleOneDriveUpdateAlert.PNG
  2. A better alert technique for OneDrive would be to schedule a check every 24 hours (or any abitrary interval) and see if the file has been modified since the last check.

OneDriveDailyUpdateCheck.PNG

3.  For a notebook in SharePoint, you can use the exact same flow as depicted in number 2, but with the "Get file metadata using path" that relates to SharePoint instead of OneDrive.

-Stuart

GabrielStJohn
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello,  @alextacy27!

Have you had an opportunity to apply @m4ngo5‘s recommendation to adapt your Flow? If yes, and you find that solution to be satisfactory, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Thank you for being an active member of the Flow Community!

-Gabriel
Flow Community Manager

- Gabriel
Community Manager
Power Automate | Power Virtual Agents
Super User Program Manager

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,847)