cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

if email can´t be sent, cancel execution

Hi, everyone!

I'm building a flow where externals fill a form completing personal information, including the email address. When a new answer is sent, flow sends an email using the email address. 

The flow works fine the problem is when the external fills wrongly his email address. I added two activities: one that completes a sharepoint document with the status of the execution and another that finishes the  execution. This activities are only meant to  run if the mail can´t be sent. However, when this happens, Outlook sends me a message warning me that the email couldn't be send and the doesn't finish, it awaits for an answer to the email that couldn't be sent.

Do you know where is my error?

falla mail.JPGfalla mail 2.JPGfalla mail 3.JPGfalla mail 4.JPG

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @denise_martinca  what I recommend to you is create a separated flow, see you are using a trigger in the content of your flow, and triggers are only used to start flows. So when a new cv arives needs to be the start of a new flow,

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

hi @denise_martinca  what I recommend to you is create a separated flow, see you are using a trigger in the content of your flow, and triggers are only used to start flows. So when a new cv arives needs to be the start of a new flow,

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I understand your point, i'll try to change it. However, I don't see how using the trigger affects the fact that my flow doesn't detect when the "Send email" activity fails. ¿Could you please explain why does that happen?

Thank you in advanced.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,502)