Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

import csv from Azure file storage to sharepoint list

hi,

i am not sure how to deal with this... i have a azure file storage system where csv files appear when process is done (user creation). Each file has one job in it, so for me each file is one item. Each file contains (at least now) two values (email and company).

Whats the best way to get them to the Sharepoint list?

so far i setup-ed a trigger on time (every x minute) and then get content, and with string expressions i cut the string from the file to desired columns... seems complicated but worked....uuuuuntil i tested  2 or more files. then what happend is that the email was taken correctly but company (2nd column) contained also all the strings from the other file(s).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Re: import csv from Azure file storage to sharepoint list

i think i solved it 😄 the whole trick was that you can add path as a "display name" value

3.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sifu ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

@v-alzhan-msft see below... I now suspect that the key will be to define one file to look on...after i copy the content from that one file, i shall delete it and let flow repeat the steps...(?) but how...

1.JPG2.JPG

username expression: 

substring(variables('newuser_string'),0,indexOf(variables('newuser_string'),','))
company name:
substring(variables('newuser_string'),add(indexOf(variables('newuser_string'),','),1),sub(length(variables('newuser_string')),add(indexOf(variables('newuser_string'),','),1)))

the csv file contains for example such data: username@domain.com,company name

Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

i think i solved it 😄 the whole trick was that you can add path as a "display name" value

3.JPG

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,413)