Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherif77
Helper II
Helper II

importing dates from excel to sharepoint list

Hello,

can anyone help me to transfer the dates in my excel to SharePoint , I managed already the process of transferring all other data / columns in my excel file except dates 

what expression I should be using in the submission date field

i used in expiry date ( compose connector ) the following 

addDays('1899-12-31',int(item()['Expiry Date']),'YYYY-MM-DD')   each time i run my flow i receive comment about format date "string/date"  . any suggestion

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @sherif77 

The syntax and function for addDays('1899-12-31',int(item()['Expiry Date']),'YYYY-MM-DD') seem off.

How many days are you trying to add (or subtract) from the date "1899-12-31"?

The functions addDays() takes the # of days as an  argument. Your function may not work for a few reasons:

1) the int function will not convert a date with format 'YYYY-MM-DD' to an integer since 'YYYY-MM-DD' is not a valid non-integer number.

2) the argument int(item()['Expiry Date']),'YYYY-MM-DD' is not a valid number (+ or -) therefore the addDays function will not work.

3) Not sure if this is on purpose but 'YYYY-MM-DD' will not return a valid date format. The correct syntax is 'yyyy-MM-dd'

4) You need a formatDateTime in your function if you explicitly want to set a date format.

Some tips.

To explicitly format your expiry date then use the syntax below

dayOfMonth(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')) = 19th day of the month

If you want to get a specific number of days forward or backward from '1899-12-31' then use this syntax. Use the dayOfMonth function to get a valid day.

addDays('1899-12-31',dayOfMonth(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')) = 1900-01-19T00:00:00.0000000

Cheers,

Aman

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sherif77,

The expression addDays('1899-12-31', int(item()['Expiry Date']),'YYYY-MM-DD') couldn't work, I guess it is caused by the second parameter, the second parameter should be a valid integer. More details, you could refer to: addDays() function .

If you could share the output of "item()['Expiry Date']", error details, and screenshots of the previous action, they could help us assist you better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @sherif77 

The syntax and function for addDays('1899-12-31',int(item()['Expiry Date']),'YYYY-MM-DD') seem off.

How many days are you trying to add (or subtract) from the date "1899-12-31"?

The functions addDays() takes the # of days as an  argument. Your function may not work for a few reasons:

1) the int function will not convert a date with format 'YYYY-MM-DD' to an integer since 'YYYY-MM-DD' is not a valid non-integer number.

2) the argument int(item()['Expiry Date']),'YYYY-MM-DD' is not a valid number (+ or -) therefore the addDays function will not work.

3) Not sure if this is on purpose but 'YYYY-MM-DD' will not return a valid date format. The correct syntax is 'yyyy-MM-dd'

4) You need a formatDateTime in your function if you explicitly want to set a date format.

Some tips.

To explicitly format your expiry date then use the syntax below

dayOfMonth(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')) = 19th day of the month

If you want to get a specific number of days forward or backward from '1899-12-31' then use this syntax. Use the dayOfMonth function to get a valid day.

addDays('1899-12-31',dayOfMonth(formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')) = 1900-01-19T00:00:00.0000000

Cheers,

Aman

If my post helps you with your problem or answers your question, please mark it Solved or Answered. This helps anyone with similar challenges. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,284)