cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ckeefner

in Lists how can I move a completed task to a new List so I can use it archieve completed tasks

I am using Lists to track a variety of different projects - once the project is completed I don't want to simply delete it, I want to keep it but not within the view list because it's getting too busy with all the projects. I want to reference the project but I understand as of current Lists doesn't have the capability to archive these items or put them in a different section of my list so that I can reference back to it should I need to do so way after the project has been completed.

My work around is I created a new separate list titled completed projects - how do I set up a flow or a way to get a project on my active list to move to my new completed list once the status column turns to completed?

TY

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can set up filters to have multiple filter conditions (up to 10 conditions), so you can filter based on that archived column and also filter on other columns as well. You can change the view of the list with just a couple of clicks in the top right list view menu.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
trad
Resolver II
Resolver II

You do have the capability to put these items in a different section of the list for referencing later, in a sense. You can set up an "archived" Yes/No column and simply configure your default list view to filter items based on that column, so the default view will only show items that are not archived. Then you can set up a second view to enable viewing the archived items. A lot easier than replicating archived items to a new list I think!

Ckeefner

I do like that solution. TY. But will it alter my ability to filter in a different view later one, meaning if I filter on a different column will the archived items show back up? I've a brand new user to lists, so I apologize for all the questions. Is there a help menu or a simple way to automate between two lists might be handy for the future.

You can set up filters to have multiple filter conditions (up to 10 conditions), so you can filter based on that archived column and also filter on other columns as well. You can change the view of the list with just a couple of clicks in the top right list view menu.

View solution in original post

Ckeefner

Thank you so much - I just tried the filter on a Yes/No to archive and it worked nicely. I think this is will work for my current needs. Very much appreciated for the help and quick response.

You're welcome! Good luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,807)