Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

location based flow

Hi,

I have created a flow using the "when I enter or exit an area"trigger and it works fine.

But has anyone solved how to get the flow to run only when you enter or exit an area? Right now the flow runs both when I enter and exit the appointed area.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: location based flow

Hi @J_Karlsson ,

As @RezaDorrani  said, I'm afraid that there is no any way to get the flow to run only when you enter or exit an area.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @J_Karlsson 

That option is not available

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @J_Karlsson ,

As @RezaDorrani  said, I'm afraid that there is no any way to get the flow to run only when you enter or exit an area.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

And no way to test anything in the flow logic to differentiate "entering" with "exiting" area I presume then?

Uneasy to build any useful stuff with this trigger then (I was planning to implement an "enter/exit work" with different actions)

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Pion_G What you can do is use some logic to define your own exit/enter types.

For example if you're using it for entry/exit for work then I'm guessing you can assume that you will only have 2 entries on any given day (one in and one out) and that the 'In' entry will always come first.

In that case you can set up a table with three columns: Date, Time, Type.

The type column will be either 'in' or 'out'.

Then use a condition which says 'IF there is no existing entry for today's date that use type 'In'. IF there is an existing entry for today's date then use type 'out'.

The flow would look like this:

2019-11-25_0804.png

formatDateTime(utcNow(),'yyyy-MM-dd')

empty(body('List_rows_present_in_a_table')?['value'])

If necessary, update the 'utcnow()' to your own timezone.

Hope this helps,

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,731)