cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

lookup and extract data from an excel workbook and email the results

Hello Everyone,

I'm a bit new with using MS Power Automate, and i'm currently working on creating a search and extract flow. the flow goes as the following:

1- Read and extract specific data from an email and place them into an array of strings

2- Open an Excel workbook (OneDrive) which contain multiple sheets

3- Lookup information of each index of the array to find a match in the workbook

- If there's a match, then extract the info of that whole row

- If no match, move on without extracting anything

4- Email the outcome which contains each index and the outcome of the search

i've tried Get Row function, but it works only if there's a match. if there's no match it gives me an error. Any support on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: lookup and extract data from an excel workbook and email the results

hi @MalikAJ  please could you show us the mail model to see what is the data you need to extrac exactly?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @ChristianAbata, thank you for the quick response. the email is structured as the below attachment

The email is a standardized template and all paragraphs are standarized, the only text that changes is the colored text and it's what i would like to extract where: 

- Text in red is extracted and typed in the results email

- Text in green is what needs to be exctracted into an array to search for a match in the excel workbook

Also, keep in mind that the size of the text in green changes where an email could get 4 member names, and the next email could have 8 member names.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Email Structure.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,812)