cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

lookup and extract data from an excel workbook and email the results

Hello Everyone,

I'm a bit new with using MS Power Automate, and i'm currently working on creating a search and extract flow. the flow goes as the following:

1- Read and extract specific data from an email and place them into an array of strings

2- Open an Excel workbook (OneDrive) which contain multiple sheets

3- Lookup information of each index of the array to find a match in the workbook

- If there's a match, then extract the info of that whole row

- If no match, move on without extracting anything

4- Email the outcome which contains each index and the outcome of the search

i've tried Get Row function, but it works only if there's a match. if there's no match it gives me an error. Any support on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: lookup and extract data from an excel workbook and email the results

hi @MalikAJ  please could you show us the mail model to see what is the data you need to extrac exactly?

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi @ChristianAbata, thank you for the quick response. the email is structured as the below attachment

The email is a standardized template and all paragraphs are standarized, the only text that changes is the colored text and it's what i would like to extract where: 

- Text in red is extracted and typed in the results email

- Text in green is what needs to be exctracted into an array to search for a match in the excel workbook

Also, keep in mind that the size of the text in green changes where an email could get 4 member names, and the next email could have 8 member names.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Email Structure.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,233)