cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sairaj
Frequent Visitor

mail received in owner mailbox instead of user mailbox after successful run of flow

Hello All,

I have created a flow with trigger of "When a HTTP request is received", below is the flow 

Sairaj_0-1626776731851.png

The flow runs successfully for owner and owner receives the mail however when other user triggers this flow the mail again received to owner only instead of user mailbox. 

Is there any changes need to be done in flow so that when user triggers this flow, user will receive the mail instead of owner ?

Thanks and waiting for some solution.

5 REPLIES 5
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @Sairaj ,

the 'Get my profile' action will get the profile of the user whose connection it's using. And since the flow is using your connection, it'll always take your profile = send an email to you (the owner).

If it should send the email to some other user, then you must send the information about the user as part of the HTTP request, and then use that user to send the email.

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]
Sairaj
Frequent Visitor

Hello @tom_riha ,

Thanks for your response however which connector one should use to get the user details so that user will receive the mail once flow runs successfully.

@Sairaj , it's not about connector, it's about providing the flow with the necessary data. You can use your own connectors in the flow, as long as you don't use for the recipient:

1. You must send the information about the user in the HTTP request that triggers the flow, e.g. his email address.
  2. Take the email address from the HTTP request and use it as the email recipient.

Sairaj
Frequent Visitor

@tom_riha I understood this however I am unable to execute the same. I also changed the flow with connector Get user profile however it gets failed when triggered by other user.

Sairaj_0-1626780727490.png

Should I change the trigger as I need to embed this in power bi report. I have tried with below trigger as well however faced same issue as mentioned in my first message.

Sairaj_1-1626780903486.png

@Sairaj , I didn't use the Power BI button trigger yet, but check what dynamic contents it gives you. If it provides email of the user who clicked the button or any other information about him which you could use.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,339)