cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
WillMoe
Level: Powered On

manual trigger multiple pictures to onedrive

I am very new to building flows, but would like to create a flow that will allow users to use a manual trigger to either (1) send a number of picture from their phone in an email and/or (2) upload those photos to a OneDrive or Sharepoint site. 

I have successfully used the manual trigger to OneDrive template that is available and to send multiple photos uploaded one by one in one flow, but when using iOS it does not allow for multiple photos to be selected. Is there a way to create a logic loop that says keep adding attachments or uploading files based on the number of files uploaded? 

**update** To create some more context. I work for a company that assists homeless families. We own and operate 156 apartments. I am looking to create a flow where staff, when visiting a building, can snap a few quick pictures of a maintenance need and then manually trigger a flow that will send the pictures to the appropriate people. The part I cannot resolve is how to allow the user to attach 1-20 (or theoretically infinity) pictures. 

Thanks, 

Willmoe

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: manual trigger multiple pictures to onedrive

I think that you might first want to consider how you want to store all these images. 

If you have 10 people taking photos would you want these photos all to appear in a single location within SharePoint or OneDrive? Does the person taking photos need to group these photos so that separate albums are created?

WillMoe

Our organization is relatively new to O365 and sharepoint construction. We have been using a file server for many decades and are slowly starting to advance. 

The current flow for the pictures regarding maintenace concerns is that the person identifying the maintenance request needs to send pictures to two different staff who then triage, consolidate, and forward the information onto our property management company. It is not as efficient as I would like, but it is what it is for now. Therefore, storage on OneDrive or SharePoint is a little more advance for our company overall. I would like to add a parallel process into the flow to create the OneDrive or SharePoint storage of these pictures. 

Super User
Super User

@WillMoe,

I would consider moving the pictures through PowerApps so that you could select a relevant subject and other metadata. Then you could either get PowerApps to store it into the required location or you could get Flow to do that work.

WillMoe

Let me look into PowerApps. I am one of the early adopters within the company and need to familiarize myself with that product. Stay tuned...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,564)