cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgarciac
Helper II
Helper II

many emails when modifying list

hello, I have created a flow to send me a message when an item in a sharepioint list is modified, but every time I make a change I see that it runs many times, how can I do it to run only once?Captura.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

only I have made changes because in order not to generate noise I generate a test list to which only I have access

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DeepakS
Super User
Super User

Hi @jgarciac 

To help you further i have few questions:

1. How you are modifying the item
  2. Is the Power Automate running multiple time for same item or all the items
  3. a screen capture of your Power Automate always helpful

Regards,

hi... my answer..

1.- I modify the field in sharepoint

Captura.JPG
2.-For all items

3.- Captura_1.JPG

Hi @jgarciac 

What are you doing in your No condition - "Finalizar" step, only possibility  i can see here if you are updating item in this action that will trigger the Power Automate again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

And tested with all the options and with all the same thing happens, what should happen is that if the if is not met, do nothing ... and if it is fulfilled send only one email but send many and it runs many times ,,

TorreyFalconer
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hey @jgarciac 🙂

I recently had a similar issue with my own flow. It turns out that I had a made another flow that used the "update item" action and therefore was modifying the list and setting off the trigger for the flow I was working on. I know it might seem silly, but my suggestion would be to thoroughly review your current flow as well and then make sure you, or someone else who is authoring flows, aren't modifying the same list.

only I have made changes because in order not to generate noise I generate a test list to which only I have access

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,989)