cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesSensata

match user information to SharePoint list field

Hi Community,

I would like to build a flow that uses a newly created row in a SharePoint to first create a meeting in teams and then find users in my company matching the same words (from a list field) in their user profiles (Get relevant people?), i imagine these matching terms may be in 'interests' or 'projects' but the entire profile would be good. 

I then want to mail or send these people a notification of an open invite teams meeting they might be interested in.

So in short, add a row to a SharePoint list with all meeting info > Flow: Creates meeting in Calendar >Flow: Finds interested users and invites them.

Thanks for reading

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesSensata ,

Do you want to create a meeting in teams and send message to users in your company matching the same words in their user profiles?

There is no easy way to retrieve users based on the interests, projects or department listed in their profile.  Two possible workarounds:

If you don't have a large number of total users, you can just search for users with a blank search query and then filter the results on the client using a Filter Array based on the interests/projects/department value returned.

If the department has a specific manager, you could use the Get direct reports for that manager and get all the users in the department.

I have made a simple test for your reference.

Here is my list:

vjefferni_0-1667900040471.jpeg

Here is my flow:

vjefferni_1-1667900040476.png

vjefferni_2-1667900040482.jpeg

Result:

vjefferni_3-1667900040483.jpeg

vjefferni_4-1667900040484.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

JamesSensata

Thanks you this is very helpful but my company has thousands of employees, i may have to filter somehow before getting to the final 1000 window.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,126)