cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenrw
Frequent Visitor

@mention a group of people in a Channel, or, the entire @ team of a Channel

I observe that you cannot @ mention an entire team that is permissioned into a MSFT Teams channel.  Has anyone found a method?  Thanks very much.

1 REPLY 1
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hey @darrenrw 

you can work with tags in your Team, there is an action in Power Automate to get the @ mention of a tag from a team. In this tag you can add multiple people that should get a notification.

The standard mention is done by <at>[User UPN]</at> as an HTML when sending a message to a MS Teams team. This does not work with mentioning the whole channel, probably because some more information are missing, like the actual "mentioned" information. This is maybe not implemented (yet, please consider this as an idea in this forum).

I also found a post by someone who archieved this by sending an MS Graph Request with the necesarry information. I did not tested it, but maybe it would help you. Please remind, that this would be an Premium Connector: @ mention user & channel in Teams using MS Graph API – Mohamed Ashiq Faleel

Hope this helps you!

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,480)