cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TLeitzke
Level: Powered On

mid-way user response multiple blocks

I am working on a flow to handle the office workflow for install jobs. I want to collect data mid-way that cannot possibly be collected at the beginning of the flow. Is there a possible way to do this.

One thing I had in my mind is, if there is a unique ID (we already have one assigned to jobs that works, that could also work well for this) assigned at the very beginning, and somehow check any new Form response with that ID used in field 1 for Customer ID. But I both do not know how to do that, nor if it would conflict with other flows running if they now cannot see any Form that has been through the flow already? I cannot go with approve/deny emails, becuase I need physical data such as equipment to be installed or how much a job is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: mid-way user response multiple blocks

Hi @TLeitzke ,

It seems that you are working with Planner and want to send out the approval email until required info are all collected.

Please consider using a do-until loop in your flow.

Hope the following scenario could be your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TLeitzke ,

Could you share more details on your scenario?

Are you working with Microsoft Forms?

Do you want to send dada with an approval email?

Please share more details for better understanding.

By the way, flows won’t conflict with other flows even though they are based on the same connections.

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TLeitzke

To track job flow, we plan to use Planner (each customer is a bucket), and have Flow automagically add a new task with the appropriately assigned person to perform that task. In some steps, information is needed to properly branch out for scenario- such as collecting with the final HVAC equipment is with such information as: manufactured, model numbers, system type, costs, extra purchases like extended warranty. This is information that can’t be collected before a job starts. And from what I take from Approval emails, you just get a series of boxes to click- which would not fit the needs of information needed at this one step
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TLeitzke ,

It seems that you are working with Planner and want to send out the approval email until required info are all collected.

Please consider using a do-until loop in your flow.

Hope the following scenario could be your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

TLeitzke

I do not see how this will help me collect the data I need...
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TLeitzke ,

My scenario was to collect the required info from the task then send an approval email with the collected info.

About your scenario, you are working with Planner and a task will be created automatically using Flow.

How do you want to collect info such as manufactured, model numbers, etc.?

Will the info be inputted into certain places after the task has been created?

Let’s say you will save required information into a SharePoint list, then you could use action Get item to get the related info until they are not empty. Once you’ve got all the info, send out the approval email.

Best regards,

Mabel

>