cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

multiple level Delegation condition in Flow

Hello All,

In my approval flow, I need to check if approver has delegated his approval right to anyone (if he/she is on leave).

we have a delegate list in sharepoint where approver add that entry (delegatefrom, delegateto, startdate and enddate)

For Example:  

Approver is 'abc' then for given time period it will be delegated to 'xyz'.

I am able to achieve this one with basic filtering capability. My main concern is what if 'xyz' is also on leave and delegated it to 'pqr' and so on. 

How can I achieve this for all the possibilities? any "do while" loop or "do until" loop? How can I use those in flow expression?

Thanks, 

Pratik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems that you can implement similar operations directly in Apply to each.

• Create a column of Yes/No type in the List to record whether the status of Approver is leave on. If it is leave on, it is Yes.
  • Use Boolean variable in Flow to record whether the state of the Approver currently traversed can delegate approval right. The default is false.

Here is to use Apply to each will default to traverse all items in order according to item ID in the list, if you do not set Concurrency Control.

Image reference:

23.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It seems that you can implement similar operations directly in Apply to each.

• Create a column of Yes/No type in the List to record whether the status of Approver is leave on. If it is leave on, it is Yes.
  • Use Boolean variable in Flow to record whether the state of the Approver currently traversed can delegate approval right. The default is false.

Here is to use Apply to each will default to traverse all items in order according to item ID in the list, if you do not set Concurrency Control.

Image reference:

23.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

lavint
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 

How did you implement the delegate functionality? currently I am using Approval activity with timeout.. but it's not enough.. Admin of the site wants to have the right to delegate anytime like the SP2013 environment.

""we have a delegate list in sharepoint where approver add that entry (delegatefrom, delegateto, startdate and enddate)"""

Thanks

L

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,532)