cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrose1120
Level: Powered On

not have multiple calendar entries

Hi everyone, this community helped me get to a good point on a flow I was creating (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/add-update-delete-calendar-to-both-offic...) but my issue now is that i'm working with numerous calendars and syncing them (IT Consultant by trade).  My concern is that if I implement this to copy calendars in the following way using that site, I'll have duplicates all day long... How can I prevent that? 

I would like to sync 3 office365 based calendars and one google and I'd like make sure they basically all have the same information.. but lets say I sync from google to the o365, I'd like it to have a prefix of "From google".

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: not have multiple calendar entries

Hi @mrose1120,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to sync three Outlook calendar events to Google calendar within one flow?

Do you also want to sync Google calendar events to your Outlook calendar and add a prefix of "From google" into the synced events?

If you want to sync three Outlook calendar events to Google calendar within one flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently. You should created three separated flows to achieve your needs on your side.

If you want the synced events have a prefix of "From google" when you sync events from Google calendar to your Outlook calendar, you could add the "From google" prefix into the Subject (or Body) of these synced events. In addition, you should also add a "From Outlook" prefix into the Subject (or Body)of the synced events when you sync events from your Outlook calendar to your Google calendar. Then add a condition under the trigger to check if the Subject of the event contains "From google" (or "From Outlook").

I have made a test and please take a try with the following workaround:7.JPG

When a new event is created in your Outlook calendar, add a Condition to check if the new event contains "From google", if yes, do nothing. Within "If/no" branch of Condition, add these actions mentioned within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/add-update-delete-calendar-to-both-offic...

8.JPG

When there is a new event is created in your Google calendar, add a Condition to check if the new event contains "From Outlook", if yes, do nothing.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,763)