cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLTSD_OPS365
Regular Visitor

notify a person from a shared mailbox when they are "Assigned To" a request in SharePoint list

Hello, I am building a flow where an analyst will be notified via outlook whenever a new data request is assigned to them. I have a "Assigned To" column in my SharePoint list, this column is a "Person or Group" type. In my Flow, the analyst will get an email from a shared outlook mailbox (not my personal mailbox) when they are assigned a data request. When the analyst completes the data request and provides a link to the output in the SharePoint list, an email should be generated that goes to the manager for approval, once the manager approves the data request, the status of the data request should indicate that it is completed, I have a column in the same SharePoint List called "Completed?" and it is a Yes/No type column, this column should change automatically to "Yes" when the manager approves the data request.

I was wondering how I can achieve this

If someone could please help me figure out how I can build this flow, that will be much appreciated!.

thank you, 

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@MLTSD_OPS365 

You'll want to start with a SharePoint trigger - when an item or file is modified.  You'll then want to follow that up with a Get changes for an item or file action.  If the person or group column has changed and is not null, then send the email.  If the link column has changed and is not null, then start the approval process using a Start and wait for an approval action.  After the approval has completed, use an update item action to update the list based on the Outcome value from the approval action.

Try creating a Flow with my suggestions above.  If you get stuck, please post here along with a screen shot of your Flow.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

I am attempting the path you suggested but I am stuck in this step here:

MLTSD_OPS365_0-1608234218483.png

I am not sure what to put in the "Since" section, if you could please help me with that, that will be great

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (949)